12 August 2009

More fermentation education.
(Guess I really like the rhyming.)

photo source
A kind soul gently pointed out today that a few posts down, in my rambling tale of the sauvignon blanc trip to the wine store, I incorrectly said that a Sancerres wine I bought was from the Bordeaux region of France.

Sancerres ≠ Bordeaux.
Sancerres = Loire Valley.

I have no doubt the woman at the wine store told me the correct one, but it got lost in the overwhelming amount of geographical information she imparted attempted to impart.

I could have gone into the post and edited it to be correct, and just pretend I never got anything wrong ever, but how lame would that have been?!? I started this blog as I was learning about cooking; now that I'm learning about other ingestible substances, I might as well document this process too, right?

Of course.

I Googled the wine today and this blog came up:
brooklynguyloveswine.blogspot.com
I love this guy, and not just because we have similarly constructed blog names. He has this to say about my not-Bordeaux Sancerres:
The 2007 Christian Venier Touraine Le Gautrie Sauvignon, $17, Savio Soares Selections ... was lovely, although not as stunning an example of Loire Sauvignon Blanc as Venier's VdT is as a Cheverny.

Brooklyn Guy described Venier as a Loire hipster-natural-wine-biodynamic-producer.
Anyone who can use "hipster" in a serious discussion about wine has my vote.

Time to go make dinner... Tonight's wines are from Whitecliff Vineyard, just up the road in Gardiner, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment