22 April 2009

BADD (bread attention deficit disorder)

Oops, I did it again.

See, we were only going to go to the grocery store, and I had a list, so it should have been an hour at the most... The dough had only risen for about two hours before, so I figured that if it was rising in the loaf pan for more than the planned 45 minutes, it'd be okay.

And it did turn out okay, after I punched the billowing mass back into the pan and baked it.

B got home from work and we turned around and headed to the store. But we were both hungry, and I had a menu from a Greek place in the car. Hannaford's can't hold a candle to gyros, pastichio and milkshakes. (Even though we only ate the gyros - he opted for Marathon beer, I got water, and the pastichio is sitting in the fridge, still untouched 24 hours later.) Plus, going shopping with a hungry boyfriend is a recipe for spending $200 on organic junk food. My least favorite thing to hear while shopping: "Ooh, this might be good." (Thing is, though, he's usually right.)

So the dough rose for at least another two hours. Maybe three? As pretty much anyone who knows me will attest, I'm not so good with those clock things. This has to be the most forgiving bread recipe EVER. See?


First stage of rising. That's a lot of flour, and my dough is always gummy. Oh well.


Not sure why I didn't take a picture immediately before this, when the dough had spilled over the pan's edges.


See? it turned out fine. And it was delicious with eggs this morning.

1 comment:

  1. i love that you've made this so many more times than i have - i've made it that one time and just haven't had the patience to again. i'll have to make it again, and pick up some jelly for you!

    ReplyDelete