29 April 2010

Sweet treats

I am a serious sucker for sugar. Two things I've eaten this week:

A mini cheesecake from La Delice bakery, a couple blocks from work.


I blame Sam and my BFF Jenessa, because when I was antsy on Tuesday, they Facebook-peer-pressured me into dreaming about cheesecake. I had to do it. The good, kinda healthy, news is that it wasn't as tasty as I'd hoped. It was drying out. Though I probably won't get cheesecake from that bakery again, there are many more cheesecakes in the sea...

(Why yes, those are bottles of wine in the background. No, I do not drink at work. Usually.)

So then yesterday, when I found myself with a little extra time at Grand Central before my train, I wandered downstairs to the food court"dining concourse," and Magnolia Bakery. Until recently, Ciao Bella gelato was my early-evening, pre-train sugar fix. No more. I am crazy addicted to this:

Magnolia Bakery's Blueberry Jamboree.


Now, I have no idea why this is called a Jamboree, as I have never seen Boy Scouts nor Animatronic bears gathered around it, but last night was probably the fourth time I've bought it, and the fourth time it has knocked my socks off but the first time I have not brought any home to share with B. Doesn't hurt that it's also one of the least spendy things at Magnolia. Here's the recipe. You're welcome, in advance.

;)

3 comments:

  1. Yum. And. Yum. Took my ma to Extraordinary Desserts today and got a slice of Dulce de Leche cake. Again. Yum. And. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing, *nothing* compares to Extraordinary Desserts! Dulcce de Leche cake sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude, i'm getting sucky at checking your blog again. i don't facebook peer pressure anyone into anything - let alone animal products. you just think i do. i found a raw cheesecake recipe somewhere....

    ReplyDelete